The sun is out and Summer is upon us! Here are some ideas for enjoying the sun while building FXBG Fun points:
- Go for a Walk – Walk through downtown and learn more about the city’s history with a free Traipse tour using the Traipse app. Choose from Presidential History, African American History, Hidden Gems and Storefront Stories. Earn 150 points for each completed tour.
- Go for a Run – The Fredericksburg Area Running Club is holding The Great Train Race and Battling Cancer 5k in June.
- Go to the Farmer’s Market – The Fredericksburg Farmer’s Market is open in Hurkamp Park every Saturday in April-October from 7am-2pm
- Go on a Picnic – visit any number of restaurants offering take-out and find a good spot at Old Mill Park, Alum Springs Park, Motts Run Reservoir or at Picnic in the Park.
- Go to a Baseball Game – Single game tickets are now on sale for the Fredericksburg Nationals! Purchase tickets for a game in June. Earn 150 points for each game ticket.
- Go for a Ride – Experience Virginia’s first multi-level Go-Kart track at FunLand of Fredericksburg.
- Grab a Cool Treat – Cool off with a milkshake at Goolrick’s or ice cream from Carl’s.
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!