Run the Virtual Marine Corps Historic Half in Fredericksburg during race weekend May 14-16, conquer “hospital hill”, and have some FXBG Fun! Here’s some ideas for how to achieve 2021 points in one weekend.
- This itinerary is based on arriving in Fredericksburg in time for dinner on Friday and leaving Sunday afternoon
- Completing the Semper 5ive race will earn you 250 points
- Completing the Historic Half race will earn you 500 points
- Completing the Devil Dog race will earn you 750 points
- Each night at a local hotel counts for 200 points. This itinerary assumes spending 2 nights in a local hotel for a total of 400 points
Base Points Total: 650 – 1,150 points
- Enjoy breakfasts/brunch, lunches and dinners in over 40 local restaurants covering a wide array of cuisines – French, Italian, Spanish, Jamaican, Southern, German, Irish, and Scottish. Dine outdoors with views of the river or on roof-top decks overlooking the city.
- Approximately $110* over 3 days = 200 points (points can be increased by eating at partner restaurants and/or if total spent is higher than standard per diem rates)
*based on standard per diem rates
Base Points + Base Meals = 850-1,350 points
Aim to complete 2-3 activities per day on Saturday and Sunday to round out your points total.
- After a long run, treat yourself to a relaxing and restorative massage or other spa treatment (earn 100pts per $50 or 150pts per $50 with partner businesses = approx. 100-400 points)
- Purchase a Timeless Ticket from the Fredericksburg Visitor Center and tour multiple area museums. Timeless Tickets do not expire and can be used on both days. (100 points)
- Complete a free Traipse tours using the Traipse App to learn about African American history and presidential history in Fredericksburg. Take the “Hidden Gems” tour to learn lesser known facts and tidbits about the people and places that truly make Fredericksburg unique. Take the “Storefront Stories” tour to learn more about the current and former uses of popular downtown storefronts. (150 points per tour completed; 4 different tours are available)
- Root, Root, Root for the home team at a Fredericksburg Nationals baseball game against the Delmarva Shorebirds! (150 points)
- Play games and ride the 3-level go-karts at Fun Land of Fredericksburg. (150 points for every $50 spent)
- Shop in local boutiques, antique stores and art galleries (100 points per $50 spent)
- Enjoy craft beers at any of the 4 breweries in FXBG (Strangeways Brewing, Red Dragon Brewery, Spencer Devon Brewing, Adventure Brewing Eagle Village). (100 points per $50 spent)
- Take a carriage ride through downtown with Olde Town Carriage Tours or take a Trolley tour through the streets of downtown (50 points)
- Too tired to go out? Complete free, virtual activities online. (50 points per activity)
Don’t forget about these easy ways to boost your points!
- Post pics of your race finish time and daytime activities on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #fxbgfun. Include #runwiththemarines on any race related posts. (25 points per post per platform; posts must be viewable to the public)
- Share your passport page on social media using the tools provided on your passport page (25 points per share per platform)
Don’t forget to log all of your activities and upload your receipts/tickets by June 30 to be eligible for prizes!